Gå til innhold

-30kg and practice your English?

Gjest Jill36

Anbefalte innlegg

Hello and Happy New Year!

Is there anyone here who wants to have aweightloss buddy and is willing to read English? :D I can read Norwegian fluently and can also write Norwegian if I have to but I generally find when I write about my weight, emotions and frustrations are far easier to express in my mother tongue. I am at the point now where I don't feel I can do this alone but if I had a friend to two in the same situation to write with, we could cheer for each other!

I moved from the US to Norway about 12 years ago and while there are lots of American sites out there where you can pick up a weightloss penpal, I would prefer someone in Norway. My access to products, not to mention food culture, varies quite a bit from the US and being able to discuss the same things and have the same understanding of the local situation is a definite plus.

If you are willing to read English (it is fine with me if you respond in Norwegian) and want to start this roller-coaster adventure together for the year 2010, send me a PM!

Jill36

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest tronderpi1

Happy new yaer to you too!

A life-long battle for me this weightproblem. Luckily, I don't have healtissues because of this, but that may come in the future if I don't take action I'm afraid! I really need to have focus all the time, but I let my self have som snacks during the weekend. I can't be to stright, I wouldn't last long I'm afraid.... Looking forward to get to know you better :)

Let 2010 be our year :)

Have a nice day!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilyn87

I'm new here too. I started my weightloss journey this monday, and I'm hoping to have lost 18 kg before the summer.

I would love to have a weightloss penpal, and I think that it's very exciting that you are from the US. I lived in Wisconsin for a year, from 04-05.

:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Festinalente

And happy new year to you.

I tried to send you a PM, but it looks that I didn't succeed..... Anyway, I will try to follow your "battle" here at Grete Roedes pages. Good luck to you! :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Jill :D

Well I am a frenchie exiled in Norway since 5 years or so. Same situation as you, I read/write/speak norwegian fluently but weight loss brings out so much emotions that I tend to switch to english instantly.

Personally, I am aiming to lose about 40kgs, so if you want someone along the road to chat to and keep our motivations up, then, well I volunteer o/

Wish you a Happy New Year 2010!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Arkivert

Dette emnet er nå arkivert og stengt for flere svar

• Opprett ny...